ForNaLab participates in the international networks FLEUR, TreeDivNet, FunDivEUROPE and smallFOREST and has an active collaboration with several national and international research institutes and universities.
FLEUR is a European network of researchers interested in the dynamics of forest plant species in a changing environment. We use observational and experimental approaches as well as large databases to answer questions in connection to forest plant population biology and ecology and global change themes. FLEUR is an FWO-funded Scientific Research Network (2007-2011 and 2012-2016).
For more information: www.fleur.ugent.be
The TreeDivNet network is an international platform for research about the relationships between tree species diversity and ecosystem functioning. The network groups several research projects in different parts of the world and forms the largest project on ecosystem research worldwide. In total over 600 000 trees were planted in the nine research projects on a total surface of nearly 700 ha.
For more information: www.treedivnet.ugent.be
- FunDivEUROPE Functional significance of forest biodiversity (www.fundiveurope.eu, see projects)
- smallFOREST biodiversity and ecosystem services of small forest fragments (www.u-picardie.fr/smallforest)
- INBO Research Institute for Nature and Forest (www.inbo.be)
- VITO Flemish Institute for Technological Research (www.vito.be)
- ILVO Institute for Agricultural and Fisheries Research (www.ilvo.vlaanderen.be)
- KU Leuven University of Leuven (www.kuleuven.be)
- ULG Université de Liège (www.ulg.ac.be)
- UCL Université catholique de Louvain (www.ucl.be)
- ULB Université libre de Bruxelles (www.ulb.be)
- UA University of Antwerp (www.ua.ac.be)
- WUR Wageningen University, the Netherlands (www.fem.wur.nl)
- Kobenhavns Universitet University of Copenhagen, Denmark (sl.life.ku.dk)
- IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute, Sweden (www.ivl.se)
- Irstea National Research Institute of Science and Technology for Environment and Agriculture, France (www.irstea.fr)
- Forest Research, United Kingdom (www.forestry.gov.uk)
- UACh Universidad Austral de Chile, Chile (www.uach.cl)
- Université de Sherbrooke Sherbrooke University, Canada (pages.usherbrooke.ca/mvellend)
- Harvard Forest Harvard University's 3500 acre laboratory & classroom, Massachusetts (harvardforest.fas.harvard.edu)