Welcome at the website of the Laboratory of Wood Technology (Woodlab). This research group is part of the department of Forest and Water Management, situated at the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering at Ghent University, Belgium.
The research group Woodlab is headed by Prof. Joris Van Acker and consists of 16 researchers (one post-doc, 11 PhD students and 4 researchers) and a support technical staff of five people. Woodlab acquired over 40 years of experience in scientific and technological research on wood and maintains close contacts with all segments of the wood-processing industry and research groups involved in the forestry-wood chain.
The laboratory has elaborated its research activities in different research domains under 3 major headings:
comprising activities on wood biology, wood quality, wood and tree properties, tree ring analysis both for temperate and tropical regions.
(2) Service life
dealing with biological durability, wood modification, wood preservating, coatings and service life predicting.
(3) Forest products
with a link to processing and industrial products both as materials (sawn timber, wood based panels, pulp and paper, etc) and as bioenergy.
Clicking the menu on the left will lead you to more information that is kept up-to-date:
- Staff: learn about the researchers, master thesis students and former co-workers
- Projects: information on current, recently finished and past projects as well as master theses
- Publications: a list of articles, conference papers, books, etc
- Equipment: an overview of the whole range of equipment, subdivided in the aforementioned research activities
- Services: the services Woodlab delivers to researchers, industry, etc
- Networking: different groups, both nationally as well as internationally, Woodlab is involved in
News and Events
September 8th -10th 2016: 2nd Conference on Engineered Wood Products based on Poplar/Willow Wood in Léon, Spain:
May 2017: IRG48 in Gent, Belgium:
- see the website of IRG48
No vacancies at the moment.