Our research group is equipped with advanced analytical instrumentation for trace analysis of (environmental) organic minorcomponents within a wide range of volatility and polarity.
For on-line trace analysis of VOCs at the ppbv level , we have a PTR-QiTOF (PTR-MS) and a SIFT-MS (Selected Ion Flow Tube).
Further on, we are specialized in both gas and liquid chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry for sensitive and selective detection, such as:
- thermal Desorption GC-MS instrumentation
- high resolution mass spectrometry hyphenated to both GC and HPLC (HR-MS)
- flame ionization detection (FID-GC)
- UV-VIS PDA-detection (UV-VIS-HPLC)
For sampling and sample preparation of air, water and solid matrices:
- whole air sampling (e.g. with Nalophane bags)
- passive and active sorptive sampling (e.g. by use of Tenax-containing sorption tubes, PDMS-based SPME and SPDE devices,…)
- extraction and clean-up instrumentation like ultrasonic and accelerated solvent extraction (ASE) and solid-phase extraction (SPE)
Mass spectrometry systems:
- Ionicon PTR-QiTOF high resolution PTR-MS.
- Thermo Scientific Q Exactive Orbitrap LC-MS/MS System
- Thermo Scientific MAT95XP-Trap LC-MS and GC-MS. See also the mat95 dedicated website: AmberLab Mass Spectrometry
- Syft Technologies Voice200 SIFT-MS
- Thermo Scientific Trace-DSQ and Thermo Focus-DSQII with Markes International Ultra/Unity thermal desorption.
GC & LC Chromatography:
- Thermo Surveyor HPLC with Autosampler, LC-pump and PDA detector
- Various brands of GC instruments, most of them with split/splitless injector and FID detector:
- Agilent 6890A
- Agilent 4890D
- Carlo Erba GC8000 Top
- Gilson GX-271 Solid Phase Extraction robot.
- Dionex Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) system.
- Field Autosampler MTS-32 for 1/4" VOC sample tubes.
- Shimadzu UV-1650 UV-VIS Spectrofotometer.
- Anseros Ozomat GM ozone analyzer.
- I.G.A.S. ozone generators