Prepare your stay!
- Consult the UGent page for exchange students as a starting point.
- Contact the Exchange Students Adviser at the International Relations Office with all kinds of questions not related to courses/research.
- Contact the Faculty International Office for questions concerning courses/research.
Specific rules and regulations at the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering (FBE)
These pages describe some specific rules and regulations at our faculty in addition to the general UGent procedures:
- application forms and deadlines
- type of exchange (some combinations are possible):
- language requirements (until 2012-2013):
A recent TOEFL Certificate: minimum score: 550 points (Paper-based) or 213 points (Computer-based) or 79-80 points (Internet-based).
A recent IELTS Certificate: minimum score: 6.0
A recent First Certificate in English of the University of Cambridge
A recent Certificate of a University Language Centre testifying that the student masters the necessary knowledge of English to function academically (! specify CEF-level on the form! )
- language requirements (from 2013-2014):
A recent (*) TOEFL Certificate: minimum score: 550 points (Paper-based) or 80 points (Internet-based).
A recent (*) IELTS Certificate: minimum score: 6.5
- A recent (*) CEFR: B2 = Certificate issued by a University Language Centre testifying that the student masters the necessary knowledge of English to function academically (! specify CEF-level on the form! )
- students who have obtained 1 year of bachelor or master studies or 60 ECTS in a university or recognized equivalent in English as language of instruction. Those students have to submit:
(*) Recent = max. 5 years old at the time of application
- a written report in English (bachelor or master thesis, scientific report)
- a certificate of the university confirming that she/he has followed in her/his university or recognized equivalent during 1 year of study all classes, practical work and exams in English
Please contact our International Office with any question related to these aspects of your stay at our faculty.