Interested in obtaining a doctoral degree?
- Check the information about doctoral research (English) or Doctoreren aan de UGent (Dutch) on the Ghent University website.
- Read the specific regulations at the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering (FBE) in our Faculty Vademecum.
- Follow the specific procedures at the FBE on our faculty website.
Specific regulations at the FBE
Our Faculty Vademecum mentions in blue and underlined all internal regulations that add to or are a concrete interpretation of articles of the Education and Examination Code (EER), such as:
- Admission requirements for the doctorate and the doctoral training programme (art. 8)
- Language requirements (art. 11 §1 2°, §7 and §8)
- Enrolment for predoctoral training programmes, the doctoral training programme and the doctorate (art. 23)
- Doctoral training programme (art. 39)
- Language of educational and other activities as part of the doctoral training programme and the doctorate (art. 46)
- Examination code governing the doctorate, the doctoral training programme and the predoctoral training programme (Section VI, art. 80-90)
Specific procedures at the FBE
- Acceptance letter for starting a PhD before obtaining a MSc title
- First enrolment for the doctorate and the doctoral training programme
- Changing promoter(s) or research topic
- Changing doctoral title
- Joint Doctorate / Joint Ph.D., Co-tutelle Doctorate
Doctoral training programme
- Changing the mandatory programme
- Granting exemptions for activities performed before the first enrolment
- Suggesting a new course (specialized course or transferable skill)