Seminars in transferable skills organized or recognized by the Doctoral School of Arts, Humanities and Law
|28-30 Jan & 22-24 May 2013||Doctoral School of Arts, Humanities and Law||Writer Development Course||Communication skills|
|3-4-5 July 2013||VUB-UGent-KULeuven-UA-UHasselt||Zeg 't eens. Summer School Wetenschapscommunicatie (in Dutch!)||Communication skills|
|16 & 30 May 2013||IPVW||Software development in R||Research & Valorization|
|29, 30 & 31 May 2013 (part 1); 3, 4 & 5 June 2013 (part 2)||Doctoral School of Natural Sciences||Getting started with High Performance Computing
||Research & Valorization|
|April - May 2013||Doctoral Schools||Effective Scientific Communication
|May - June 2013||Doctoral Schools||Effective Graphical Displays
Wed 29 May: zaal Riessauw (Labo Magnel), Technologiepark, Zwijnaarde / Wed 12 Jun: IVPV-leslokaal, Technologiepark, Zwijnaarde
|Research & Valorization|
|Spring 2013||Doctoral Schools||NVivo 9||Research & Valorization|
|10 to 14 June 2013 (departure 9 June 2013)||UGent-Bangor University-Umeå University||International Summer School Transferable Skills||Career management AND Research & Valorization|
|27 June 2013||VUB-UGent-KULeuven-UA-UHasselt||How to be an effective researcher||Career management AND Leadership & Personal efficiency|
|2012-2013||Doctoral School of Arts, Humanities and Law||Advanced Academic English Writing Skills: Arts, Humanities and Law
|2012-2013||Doctoral Schools||Advanced Academic English Conference Skills||Communication skills|
|2012-2013||Doctoral Schools||Presentation skills in English||Communication skills|
|2012-2013||Doctoral Schools||English Proficiency for Presentations||Communication skills|
|2012-2013||Doctoral Schools||Effective Slide Design||Communication skills|
|2012-2013||Doctoral Schools||Academic Posters||Communication skills|
|2012-2013||Doctoral Schools||Populair-wetenschappelijk schrijven
|2012-2013||Doctoral Schools||Communication Skills||Leadership & Personal efficiency
|2012-2013||Doctoral Schools||Leadership Foundation Course||Leadership & Personal efficiency|
|2012-2013||Doctoral Schools||Personal effectiveness||Leadership & Personal efficiency|
|2012-2013||Doctoral Schools & University Language Center
||Applying for a postdoctoral job
|2012-2013||Doctoral Schools||Creative thinking
|2012-2013||University Language Center
|2012-2013||Office for Educational Quality Control||Basisassistententraining
|2012-2013||UGent, HOGent, Arteveldehogeschool, HOWest
(attend at least 5 seminars)
|2012-2013||Institute for Continuing Education in Science (IPVW)||Courses in statistics|
Doctoral Training Programme
- You don't have to submit an 'application for recognition' if you want to include a transferable skills seminar organized or recognized by the Doctoral Schools in the minimum set of your doctoral training programme.
- You can also submit other seminars for approval (minimum set of the doctoral training programme): complete the application for recognition form (Word) and send it to the Doctoral Schools Coordination Unit.
- You can include up to 3 transferable skills seminars organized by your Doctoral School in the maximum set of activities.
- Registration for courses not organized by the Doctoral Schools remains with the organizers, unless mentioned otherwise.
Registration fee and funding for courses
- Funding for courses
- Registration for courses organized by the Doctoral Schools and for regular course units as part of your doctoral training programme is free of charge, unless mentioned otherwise.
- In some cases (e.g. courses not organized by the Doctoral Schools) a registration fee does apply. Advance payment of the course registration fee and possibly related costs is always required. Afterwards, the Doctoral School can reimburse (part of) the costs for courses recognized as part of the minimum set of activities.