Thermal Energy in Industry
The Thermal Energy in Industry (TEI) research group of the Department of Flow, Heat and Combustion Mechanics of Ghent University focuses on industrial thermal energy systems such as Organic Rankine Cycles, industrial heat pumps, combined heat and power, thermal energy storage and heat networks. Waste heat recovery and industrial energy efficiency are the main challenges.
The main research topics are
- Energy efficiency of thermal systems in industry, waste heat recovery.
- (Organic) Rankine Cycle technology, industrial heat pumps, combined heat and power, heat storage.
- Volumetric compressor and expander design.
- Process integration and optimization methods.
- Heat networks, district heating.