For all (sustainable) energy related work of the groups Applied Thermodynamics & Heat Transfer, Combustion, Fire & Fire Safety and Transport Technology, we refer to the Sustainable Energy Technologies (SET) consortium.
Applied thermodynamics & heat-transfer
- Advisory work in industrial heating and cooling, energy systems, heat exchangers
- Flammation temperature of solids using a Leitz microscope
- Determination of flash/no flash (NBN EN ISO 2592-2001, NBN EN ISO 2719-2003)
- Autoignition temperature of liquid chemicals (ASTM E659-78)
- Determination of the thermal conductance and transmittance of building materials (ISO 8302, NBN B62-201, NBN 62-202)
- Calibration of thermocouples by comparison techniques (NBN E18-001)
- Determination of the heat-transmission coefficient of building elements (NBN B62-204)
- Usage of temperature and humidity chamber
- Alhedron spin-off project provides open-cell metal foam products designed for your thermal application
Combustion, fire & fire-safety
- Spin-off company Fire Engineered Solutions by Xavier Deckers renders services with respect to fire safety design consultancy through the execution of computer simulations.
- Spin-off company Warringtonfiregent performs fire testing and delivers fire safety consulting services.
- Spin-off company Gatewing by Peter Cosyn designs and sells unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) for professional survey and geo services.
- Advisory work in internal combustion engines, alternative fuels, engine emissions
- Engine emission testing
- Engine in-cylinder pressure measurement
- Fuels, additives and fuel pretreatment techniques testing