Ghent University (UGent) and Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) jointly offer an English-taught, two-year (120 ECTS) master of science program in the field of photonics:
European Master of Science in Photonics (EMSP)
The program provides an in-depth education in photonics, with a focus on both the fundamental science and the engineering of light-based phenomena and systems.
Our photonics graduates move into PhD positions in top level research groups all around the world or into industry.
- teaches students all the core photonics courses
- offers advanced and specialized photonics courses
- has a strengthened focus on:
- Photonics skills (measurement, engineering, research skills)
- Employability (business economics, internship, entrepreneurship, photonics in industry)
- offers the opportunity to broaden knowledge and skills in a secondary engineering discipline, such as ICT, biosciences, physics and chemistry of materials, industrial management etc.
- includes a master thesis project in a research lab
- has an optional internal mobility component in year 1 and a mandatory external European mobility component in year two, to be realised by choosing one of the four mobility tracks
Students receive a joint UGent-VUB Master of Science degree in Photonics ('Burgerlijk Ingenieur').
European Master of Science in Photonics
- About the program (profile, aim, content overview)
- About the application (admission requirements, application procedure, grants/scholarships, tuition fees)
- About career prospects
Applications for academic year 2016-2017 for EU-students are now open!