Remarks / Exceptions
Specific language requirements should be established by the faculty, by 1 January before the start of the academic year. (see below for details)
Master programmes Faculty of Sciences
Require the following levels of language proficiency:
Master of Science in Geology (valid from 2015-2016), accepted proofs of proficiency in English:
- A TOEFL-TEST with a minimum score of 90 (internet-based). Test participants should specify the "institution code" 2643 for UGent and 0749 for KULeuven, so that the score can be sent directly to the university.
- An original 'academic test report form' (TRF) from IELTS with a minimum overall band score of 7.0.
- A certificate awarded by the Ghent University Language Centre confirming proficiency in English, CEF-level B2
- Certificate Practical English 5, Upper-Intermediate Academic English or Preparing for an English test, issued by the Ghent University Language Centre.
- Cambridge-ESOL: First certificate in English (FCE)
Postgraduates and continuing education
Special language requirements should be established by the programme coordinator, by 1 April before the start of the academic year.
Predoctoral training programme
The mentor confirms that the Ph.D candidate has adequate communicative skills in the languages of the course units in the curriculum.
Doctoral training and doctorate
Special language requirements should be established by the faculty, by 1 April before the start of the academic year.