Education and Examination Code
Every year a new Education and Examination Code is drafted and approved by the Board of Governors. Therefore all articles are valid during one academic year.
- Education and Examination Code academic year 2016-2017
- Education and Examination Code academic year 2015-2016
The E&E Code covers a wide variety of important topics, such as:
- Structure of the academic year
- Description of the academic system
- Enrolment regulations, including types of contract
- Rules pertaining to a study programme and/or course unit
- Examination regulations
- Rules pertaining to a PhD at UGent
- Complaints and appeals
Each faculty can add a specific faculty-related addendum to the E&E Code. These addenda can only be consulted in Dutch.
This English translation is only available via the website.
It is provided as a service to the foreign language speaking students and staff of Ghent University, and is provided "as is". No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, correctness, or reliability of this translation. Discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in this translation, please refer to the official Dutch version that was approved by the Board of Governors.