Prolongation of your stay as Exchange Student (student card)
If you want to prolong your stay at Ghent University as an exchange student, you will need to present 3 documents:
- A signed letter from your home university, stating the period that you want to stay longer as an exchange student at Ghent University
- A signed letter from your professor in Ghent, stating the period that you want to stay longer as an exchange student at Ghent University
- A copy of your health insurance (European Health Insurance Card or other insurance), valid in Belgium for the entire period of the prolongation
- Bring/send the 3 documents to the Exchange Student Adviser.
- After checking the forms, he will change your file in the UGent-databases. Your student card will be valid for the prolonged period from the next day onwards.
- He will also give/send you a ‘Letter of Prolongation’. You can use this Letter to change your reservation in the UGent student residences.
- You will also receive a Letter from the Central Students' Administration by post on your address in Gent. You can use this Letter to prolong you registration in the Foreigners' Registration Office of the City.
If you need to change your Learning Agreement (See 'Changes to the Learning Agreement' on page 2 of the Learning Ageement for Erasmus students and other exchange students), contact the FCI-administrator and your home university.
Prolongation of your room in the UGent student residences: contact the Housing Department personally. You will have to show them your student card and the ‘Letter of Prolongation’.