The university medical service for students is located at Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 25, 9000 Gent (Tel.: 09 264 70 20).
This service is run by general practitioners who are well-acquainted with student’s medical needs. Also for small surgery and gynaecological consultations students can make use of this service.
Students can indeed also contact a general practitioner elsewhere in town, or go to the university hospital.
If you need urgent medical help, please call 09 264 70 20.
Appointments can me made preferably via the online diary.
Consultations by appointment cost just as much as without, but avoid long waiting times.
In the event of being unavoidly detained to keep your appointment, please inform the doctors via the telephone number mentioned above.
The student doctors are not available via e-mail (neither for appointments, nor for diagnosis or prescriptions).
Daily medical consultations:
- by appointment on working days: 9 am to 5 pm
- without appointment (from Monday until Thursday): from 5 pm to 7 pm; first comes first served basis.
Need urgent medical help at night, in weekends or on holidays?
Central number on call City of Ghent 09 236 50 00
- At night (7 pm to 8 am)
- In weekends (from Friday 7 pm to Monday 8 am)
- Bank holidays (from evening from 7 pm to 8 am day after)
The practice is closed:
- Between Christmas and New Year
- During the Gentse Feesten
During these periods, one can contact the student physician only for urgent matters (via 09 264 70 20).
In other holidays:
- You can make an appointment via the online diary.
- There are no evening consultations during Christmas and Easter holidays nor in July and August.
- At night or during weekends, please call 09 236 20 00.