Accommodation for exchange students
In order to apply for housing, you have to initialize the application exchange procedure.
The Housing Office will be able to process your housing application as soon as you have been accepted as an exchange student at Ghent University.
Location of the living units
Rooms plus: site Kantienberg
Rental fee of the living unit
Academic year 2016-2017
Rooms plus: 415 EUR/month (12 month contract: 383 EUR/month); deposit for room: 125 EUR; deposit for key and badge: 35 EUR.
Academic year 2017-2018
Rooms plus: 424 EUR/month (12 month contract: 391 EUR/month); deposit for room: 125 EUR; deposit for key and badge: 35 EUR.
Terms and conditions
When you apply for a living unit in the University Halls of Residence, you agree to these terms:
- The minimum rental period is 3 months, the maximum rental period is 12 months.
- The rental period starts on 20 September 2016. Need accommodation sooner? Please contact the Housing Office.
- Check-in is not possible during weekends, except for weekends in February, July, August and September.
- The rent is due from the start of the reserved period.
- The costs for the consumption of water, electricity and heating, provision of bed linen, cleaning of the common areas, repair service, use of telephone and internet are included in the monthly rent.
- The monthly invoice will be sent to you by email. Payments have to be made by bank installments and does not need to be done before your arrival.
Modifications and cancellations
- In case of cancellation and/or no-show an administrative fee of € 100,00 will be charged (only applicable to students). This fee is due if you cancel your reservation after you have received confirmation for accommodation from the Housing Office. All cancellations must be done in writing.
In case you wish to change the period for which you made a reservation, please inform the Housing Office at least one month before the start of the reserved period. Requests for changing the period for which you made a reservation will no longer be accepted after this time and the rent will be due for the original reserved period.
- Once the tenancy agreement has been signed, it is not possible to terminate the agreement early. The rent is due for the duration of the agreement.
Apply for a living unit
Academic year 2016- 2017
Applying for housing is only possible after you have initialized your exchange application procedure.
(If you are a PhD exchange student, you must apply via this application procedure as well. However, then the terms and conditions of PhD students apply)
Academic year 2017-2018
Applications can be done from April 1, 2017.
For more information about rooms plus please contact Accommodatie@UGent.be, tel. +32 (9) 264 71 12