- Medical Service for Students
- Students with Special Needs
- Student Counselling Service
- Health and safety services for staff
- IRO Student Support
Assists international students (including exchange students) in finding their way at Ghent University before and upon arrival. The IRO Student Advisers provide information and meet the specific needs of international students.
- International Admissions Desk
Deals with all application files,
- Central Student Administration
Is in charge of the enrolment procedure (including the tuition fee administration and changes to your enrolment) and issues the student card, diplomas and other certificates.
- Personal study support
Supports students during their entire study career, including their transition into a professional life (career guidance, student counselling and monitoring service)
- Doctoral Schools
Implemented to support junior researchers during their research training, to focus on the international dimension of the doctoral degree and to enhance the value of the degree of doctor in the job market, in society and in the researcher’s personal career.
- Technology Transfer
Covers all aspects of valorisation and commercialisation of knowledge and technologies which result from university research. In brief, the Technology Transfer Department is the link between researchers from Ghent University and the corporate world.
Social and legal matters
Student Social Service
The Social Service may act as an intermediary between students and other facility and support services, such as the Housing Department, Job Service, Student Administration, ...
Tel: 09 264 70 72
- Insurance: for all questions concerning insurance contact their helpdesk via email
- General matters (settling in etc.): contact the Personnel helpdesk via e-mail or telephone (98 98).
- Staff counselling via the Personnel Guidance Officer: work-related issues such as team work, leadership, demotivation etc.
- Diversity and equality
- For questions on your salary etc., contact the Personnel helpdesk via e-mail or telephone (98 98).
- Consult your pay slip via Apollo.
For all questions relating to financial administration of Ghent University (eg. use of SAP etc.), staff can contact the helpdesk of the Financial Department.
- By telephone from 8 am to 12 am and from 1 pm to 4.30 pm: 09 264 79 20
- By e-mail via dfin@UGent.be (short description of your question + contact number)
The helpdesk site provides extensive information about UGentNet, the UGent account and e-mail environment, software, disk space and web space and (mobile) phone services.
- General helpdesk: e-mail - tel: +32 (0)9 264 47 47
- Account related questions: e-mail - tel: +32 (0)9 264 47 45
The Educational Technology (Office) site provides extensive information about Minerva and Zephyr, Curios and videostreaming.
We welcome suggestions and/or remarks concerning structure and functionality of the website. Contact the website team via e-mail.
Urgent (and less urgent) repairs can be reported via an online application (in Dutch only). Repair men will fix the problem during office hours, as soon as possible.