Department of Information and Communication Technology
Director: Danny Schellemans
ICT User Support Office
Head of office: Steven Rogge
Helpdesk and Reception group
- Helpdesk (09 264 47 47 or helpdesk@dict.UGent.be): ICT support for students and staff
- Reception desk: user account details (log-in and password) and support for lecturers to draw up and process multiple-choice exams (MCE).
Group PC Administration and PC shop
- Public computers
- Software platform Athena
- PC Management CA (central administration) (09 264 42 65)
- PC shop: IT equipment purchase within the scope of the university skeleton agreements, central print and copy system management, collection of worn-out computers for Close the Gap vzw
ICT Infrastructure Office
Head of office: Johan Van Camp
Network and Telephony group
- Urgent repairs telephony
- Use the webinterface to request an IP address or to communicate changes to an IP registration (log-in required).
- Server management and storage
- Network services
- Technical support for the user administration, multiple-choice exam processing, ...
The HPC UGent team manages a state-of-the-art supercomputing environment and services.
ICT Applications Office
Head of office: Luc Verschraegen
Student administration group
- Maintenance of the student database
- Application development for enrolment and study programmes
- R&D for new technologies and standards (J2EE,XML, PDF,...)
ICT projects group
- Development and maintenance of administrative applications:
- Personnel and Salary administration
- Guest registration and access management
- Application integration
- Database administration
- Security management
- Technical support of the portal site
ICT Educational Technology Office
Head of office: Toon Van Hoecke
- Providing an adequate infrastructure for the e-learning platform
- Providing a reliable infrastructure in in consultation with other offices inside of the ICT department (linking to databases, security etc.)
- Servicing the infrastructure
- Developing the course management system on the Minerva platform
- Developing the online test environment Curios
- Offering immediate support via the helpdesk
- Encouraging educational expertise of the users by means of workshops
You can read more on the information website of this office.
In our multimedia room you can organise video conferences and make digital video recordings in the scope of educational innovation, permanent evaluation and correspondence courses.