The Archives of Ghent University ("ARUG") are autorized to acquire the records of the academic and the administrative staff, records of the eleven faculties and departments and of the student organisations. The collection span the entire history of the University, from 1816 to almost the present day.
The files or record series are arranged according the office of origin. The size of the holding is in lineair metres approximately 5 km.
The University of Ghent Archives collect and administer:
- administrative records of the institution
- records of student organisations
- personal papers of the academic staff
- papers of staff associations and alumni organisations
- courses and textbooks
- books related to the history of the university
- audio-visual material including photographs, films, videotapes and sound recording
- plans, diplomas and medals
The records are available for research use by all members of the University and by the general public. Restricted access conditions may apply to some records. Copies of records and illustrations can be supplied for exhibitions, publications and course work.
Monday – Friday:
9.00 – 12.00
14.00 – 17.00
23 march (dies natalis)
26 march 14.00 – 15.00
+32 9 2643081
+32 9 2644296
Sofie De Winter, information analyst
Elienne Langendries, archivist
Erica ten Hove, archivist - secretary administration
Isabel Rotthier, archivist - coordinator
Charis Verbelen, records manager