Security department and emergency centre
The security department can assist in case of
- Technical problems
- Threatening situations: for example: actions or behavior of persons, fire, explosion etc.
- Medical emergencies
- Incidents involving hazardous materials
Contacting the security department
Emergency number UGent: (09 264 88) 88
Matters that require follow up
Tel 09 264 71 25
Fax 09 264 72 89
Please make sure following information is available:
- your name and surname and contact details
- details of the incident
- exact location of the incident (building/floor/room number of the location/address,…)
- immediate danger?
- Necessary interventions (e.g. fire department/ambulance/…) + information of persons who are already helping out (for example: First Intervention Team,…)
- Hazardous materials/substances: information of the substances involved
- Contact details of persons who can be contacted in case we (or emergency personnel) need more information
Even when an incident occurred that didn’t require our intervention, please inform us in order to distribute the details to the necessary departments (for example insurance or technical support).
When all danger has subsided please use the other contact possibilities (tel 7125 or email@example.com).
Our response to incidents
- Gaining information by asking specific questions
- Call for assistance from fire department and/or ambulance if necessary
- Contacting members of personnel UGent (for example: security, concierge, technical teams,…)
- Gathering and distributing information so other departments can follow up (repairs,…)