Everyday life in Ghent
As a new international student or researcher at Ghent University, you will be faced with a multitude of changes, decisions and adjustments; perhaps the most exciting and challenging of these will be your ongoing adjustment to life in Belgium. A pattern of cultural adjustment often occurs over a period of several weeks or months.
Paperwork and administration
- Code of good practice: some tips on how to go about daily life in Ghent
- Shopping: specialised shops, markets, guarantee etc.
- Personal safety: keeping safe, police, emergency
- Bringing your children along: childcare and schools
- Keeping in touch: stay in direct line with your home country