It is important to find an outlet for your experiences while living and working/studying abroad. Please get involved with other students and/or staff members at Ghent University. They will help you adapt to life in Ghent. Meet people through office and student parties. Join an international student organisation.
What is on offer at Ghent University?
Broad range of cultural and social events
- browse through the information on facilities, such as sports, culture, student associations
- keep an eye out for news items and planned events, e.g. bi-annual Welcome Days for international students and PhD candidates
- stay up-to-date via the different information media, e.g. join a Facebook group or follow us on Twitter
Co-operation and cultural platforms
Located at Home Heymans, a meditation room was made available for prayer meetings or meditations for groups of any belief/philosophy of life/ideology.
- Roman Catholic Student Association (website)
- Muslim Students Community of Ghent
What is on offer in the city of Ghent?
Ghent is a multicultural city which is home to nationals from all over the world. If you know where to look, you will find a lot of people and organisations offering all these newcomers a taste of home.
City of Ghent Integration Department
This department is responsible for policy on and support of Ghent's new citizens (website in Dutch).
Since 1995, De Centrale has been growing as a unique international meeting place. Offering music, food and other activities at a wide audience.
Non-profit organisations and individual initiatives
- 4de Pijler
- African Council for Cooperation and Development (AROS)
- Organisation for the Development and Emanciation of Moslims (VOEM)
- Association of Cameroonians in Ghent (ACG)
- Association socio-culturelle de congolais de Gand (ASCG)
- Amicale Tunisien
- Ethiopian Community of Gent
- Gambian-Belgian Association
- Sudanese Community (SGG)
- Senegal Batambe