“What moves u?” campaign gets you thinking about sustainable mobility
(07-03-2017) Why do you pick a certain mode of transportation when you have to travel for your job or commute? What would convince you to switch to a more sustainable alternative? That is the focus of the Ghent University’s internal mobility campaign.
Perhaps the recent messages about the air quality in Flanders have moved you? Or maybe you made a resolution to work on your physical condition or the implementation of Ghent’s circulation plan? We’d like to help get you moving!
We’ll be serving breakfast pastries (from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.) to sustainable road users at various campuses during the mobility campaign. Stop by and pick up a new reflective safety vest! We’ll be happy to give you customised mobility advice and info about the changes to the city’s circulation.
We’ll be at the following locations on the dates listed below:
- 7 March 2017: Boekentoren Campus, Plateau site (at the personnel bicycles location)
- 8 March 2017: Aula Campus, Universiteitsstraat site (between Universiteitsstraat and Paddenhoek)
- 9 March 2017: Ledeganck Campus (at the personnel bicycles location)
- 13 March 2017: Coupure Campus (at the personnel bicycles location at blok A and F)
- 14 March 2017: Mercator Campus, Nonnemeers site
- 15 March 2017: Sterre Campus (between S4 and S5)
- 16 March 2017: Dunant Campus (at the personnel bicycles location)
- 20 March 2017: Boekentoren Campus, Economics and Business Administration Faculty site (entrance Hoveniersberg)
Win a pannier for your bicycle
The mobility coordinator will randomly select a telephone number and call up a Ghent University member every day of the campaign. If that person came to work in a sustainable way, then he or she will bine a pannier for their bicycle! If that person came with the car … too bad, so sad. Then it’s on to the next person on the list!
Watch this video (in Dutch):
New reflective safety vests will be available during the campaign at the locations listed above, or at the Environment Office, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 25.
Ghent circulation plan
The City of Ghent’s circulation plan will be implemented as of 3 April 2017.