Keeping up to date with all that happens in and around the university is made easier through various information sessions, publications and newsletters.
- Welcome Days for International Students: organised twice a year
- ICP Welcome Days
- PhD research at Ghent University: specific information session organised by Advisory Centre for Students.
- Doctoral Schools Information Sessions: introduction for members of the Doctoral Schools and their supervisors.
Publications & brochures
- Summary Annual Report
- Magazine 'Universiteit Gent' (in Dutch only): published 6 times a year - aimed at UGent personnel, it offers a journalistic overview of UGent activities and accomplishments.
- Study-related brochures: published by Advisory Centre for Students (e.g. International Masters at Ghent University)
- Official student magazine 'Schamper' (in Dutch only)
- Study Abroad? Destination Ghent! (collaboration between City of Ghent and all higher education institutions)
- Newsletter for students (in Dutch only): on average published once a month - sent via e-mail to all UGent students.
- Newsletter for Exchange students: on average published once a month - sent via e-mail to all registered exchange students by Exchange Students Adviser.
- Information form for international students: leave your personal details and receive regular updates.
- Doctoral Schools Newsletter: All courses, activities and events of the Doctoral Schools are first announced in this newsletter.
- Notices about research opportunities: It contains information on research policy and current calls for proposals for research funding, and on scientific prizes, fellowships, ... - register via online application to receive e-mails or browse in online database.
- Notices about internationalisation
- GazeTTe: the Technology Transfer Department is the link between researchers from Ghent University and the corporate world.
- International agenda: activities aimed at an international audience or within an international perspective.
- News bulletin: an overview of recent news items.
- 'Focus on': each week certain international activities are put in the spotlight via the English homepage.
- RSS feed
- Twitter feeds: @ugent (news items) and @ResearchUGent (especially for researchers and academic staff)
- UGent Worldwide: we have bundled a wide range of international cooperation opportunities into an electronic overview.
- Academic bibliography: This database registers the scientific publications of UGent researchers, including articles, books, book chapters, conference proceedings and other material.
- Guide to the UGent Administration
- UGent pocket calendar/agenda
- Map of Ghent
- Doctoral dissertations
Keep up to date with Belgian current affairs via www.flandersnews.be.