Six postdoctoral positions
- Last application date: feb 29, 2012 00:00
- Department: WE51 - Dean's Office of the Faculty of Science
- Contract: bepaald
- Occupancy rate: 100%
- Vacancy Type: aap
Six postdoctoral positions in Ghent University’s Faculty of Science will be available with effect from 1 October 2012, for a duration of 3 years.
Six postdoctoral positions in Ghent University’s Faculty of Science (tel.:09/264.50.42) – salary a 100%: min. € 29 069,73 – max. € 45 317,25
- holds a Ph.D. degree based on a doctoral dissertation, preferentially in (Natural) Sciences (the Ph.D. Diploma must have been awarded before the date of appointment to the position i.c. 1st October 2012);
- conducts research activities in one of the research areas that are covered by the faculty of Sciences; this must clearly appear from current research work and from a research plan for the coming years that demonstrates a synergy with at least one of the research groups of the Faculty of Sciences;
- has relevant scientific publications in national and international journals that are widely distributed and that apply a peer review procedure to the submitted manuscripts;
- has actively participated in national and international scientific meetings that are relevant tot the field of study;
- should dispose of adequate didactic and communicative skills;
- communications or oral presentations at scientific meetings and sojourns for study purposes in foreign countries serve as an additional recommendation;
- experience with guidance of practical exercises and master theses serve as an additional recommendation.
Content of the position
- The successful candidate is expected to:
- carry out scientific research in one of the research areas that are covered by the faculty of Sciences (minimally 90 % of the time has to be devoted to scientific research) ;
- contribute to the academic education activities of the host department;
- contribute to the supervision of master theses and doctoral students;
- elaborate and write applications and reports of research projects;
- supervise and support scientific projects;
- contribute to the services provided by the host department.
- The governing language at Ghent University is Dutch. However, research is primarily conducted in English. Persons who do not speak Dutch as a native language are very welcome to apply.
Applications must be sent by registered mail to the Personnel Office, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 25, 9000 Ghent, at the latest on 29 February 2012. Applications should include a CV, proof of suitability (e.g. copies of the applicant’s diplomas), a description of the current research and a research project plan (2 pages). A duly filled in application form that can be downloaded from: https://edit.ugent.be/we/en must be sent as excel-file to firstname.lastname@example.org.