- Duration. maximum 3 years
- Who can apply?
- Candidates for a BOF-postdoctoral fellowship are automatically recruited from the pool of applicants for FWO (Research Foundation Flanders) Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- Candidates that are not successful with the FWO, enter the competition for a Postdoctoral Scholarship from the Special Research Fund (BOF) under the express condition that they can submit a new application for a Postdoctoral Fellowship with the FWO Flanders in a next application round
Rule: Researchers can apply for a postdoctoral fellowship in the first 3 years after obtaining their PhD (date of PhD degree), calculated from June 1 of the year of applying. This time limit is postponed by one year per period of at least 3 months of maternity leave or per continuous period of at least 3 months full-time parental leave which was taken between the date of the PhD and the application. Exceptions: see Regulations FWO for Postdoctoral Fellows
- How does it work?
- The application at the FWO will be used for the BOF selection. This means there is no separate application form or deadline.
- Candidates who want to apply for a Postdoctoral Scholarship with the FWO (Research Foundation Flanders) , first need to find a professor from Ghent University who is willing to act as the supervisor (promoter) of the postdoctoral research. The best way to do this is to browse the faculties of Ghent University
- How much funding is involved? The fellowship consists of a monthly allowance, depending on a.o. the researcher’s academic experience and his/her family situation. The researcher also receives a bench fee of €3.500/year.