FWO – Research Foundation Flanders: ICM-FWO Fellowship
The FWO supports fundamental scientific research, stimulates international cooperation and promotes equal opportunity.
The ICM-FWO Fellowship is a specific funding channel to prepare young and promising researchers to complete their PhD based on high-quality research in the field of management sciences, from various basic disciplines, interdisciplinary and practice-oriented.
Who can apply
- You are of Belgian nationality or belong to one of the member states of the EU, the EEA or Switzerland. Non-EU candidates must have a basic degree from one of the countries of the EU or the EER or Switzerland.
- You hold a Master's degree.
- If, on October 1, you are older than 31 years, you must have obtained this degree no longer than 5 years ago (see regulations for details).
- You have not previously received an FWO fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- On 1 October you have three years scientific seniority at most.
Period: 1 years, renewable twice
How does it work?
- You contact a supervisor affiliated to a Flemish university
- The supervisor undertakes to properly coach and guide you as doctorandus.
- The supervisor is asked by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation.
- You complete your application online, deadline: 1st of February.
- The FWO organizes an mandatory written admission test for candidates for an ICM-FWO Fellowship. At this admission test, candidates are asked to answer a number of transversal questions.
- Applications of candidates who have passed the admission test are submitted to the ICM-FWO expert panel. Candidates orally defend their application to the expert panel.
- The expert panel ranks the applications and present a funding proposal.
- The Board of Trustees decides on the appointment (start: 1st of October).
- You can ask for feedback on the decision.
How much funding is involved
- Net scholarship amount: minimum €1.860,55
- Fixed bench fee: €3.720/year from FWO
- Study period abroad in the second year (payment of one round trip to host country + tuition fee up to 20.000 euro)