An ERC grant at Ghent University
Are you an outstanding, dedicated and creative researcher with a highly innovative research idea? Ghent University invites you work in a first-class research environment in the vibrant city of Ghent.
Ghent University actively promotes its participation in the ERC-programme of Horizon 2020 (2014-2020). The university offers long-term a long term research professorship to both young and established researchers who successfully obtained an ERC Grant.
Find a suitable research group to join in our Research Directory.
Funding and grants
ERC provides funding for the implementation of ground-breaking research for a period of 5 years.
The following types of grants are available:
- ERC Starting Grants (1.5 mio euro for 5 years, for researchers with 2-7 years postdoctoral experience*)
- ERC Consolidator Grants (2 mio euro for 5 years, for researchers with 7-12 years postdoctoral experience*)
- ERC Advanced Grants (2.5 mio euro for 5 years, for established senior researchers)
*Extensions of the eligibility period are possible based on documented absence for parental leave, long-term illness, military service or clinical training. Check the ERC Work Programme for more details.
This programme, managed by the European Research Council (ERC) provides a distinctive funding mechanism devoted to scientific excellence for all scientific fields.
Currently, Ghent University hosts several ERC-projects.
What can Ghent University offer you?
As an applicant
- Support in the proposal writing stage: screening and review of proposal in cooperation with external consultants and former ERC grantees
As a successful ERC-grantee
- A long-term research professorship
- A wide range of career development opportunities
- Full administrative support by the EU Funding Unit (part of the Research Department)
Contact our helpdesk at EU-cel@UGent.be