Research policy and organisation
Overall, research policy at Ghent University is aimed at excellence in research. However, a number of balances must be respected in this pursuit because a good equilibrium guarantees the continuity of dynamic, ever innovative research. This pursuit of excellence and the right balance create a suitable research environment. Through the pursuit of excellence and balance, that same research environment is transformed into a yet better, more efficient and more agreeable work environment.
- Strategic Spearheads of Research
- Policy initiative: excellence in the humanities, social and behavioural sciences
- HR Excellence in Research
- European Research Area (ERA)
High standards in the process as well as the product of research are crucial. Ghent University provides support and monitors the quality.
Ethics & integrity
- Scientific publishing
- Societal impact of research
- Technology transfer
- Interuniversity Expert Centre for R&D Monitoring (ECOOM)