IWETO and other research databases
This search engine allows you to investigate the work of all Ghent University researchers and professors by means of four different search methods (person, team, keyword, discipline).
Consult the IWETO-database
Incorrect or incomplete information can be reported via IWETO@UGent.be.
Other research databases:
- FRIS-portal:part of the Flanders Research Information Space - simple and transparent information about research and innovation in Flanders by using the different search options (research projects, organisations or researchers).
- INVENT - permanent inventory of scientific potential in the Belgian public institutions created by the Department for Federal Science Policy.
- ESFRI: overview of pan-European research infrastructure
Expertise of Ghent University researchers
There are several ways of ascertaining the expertise of Ghent University researchers:
- A person's area of research is indicated in the online phone book (research discipline)
- Perform a keyword search via Academic Bibliography (externe link)
- For journalists: contact our Press Office
Expertise database of the Ghent Africa Platform
For an overview of UGent expertise on Africa and current project with African partners: http://www.gap.ugent.be/nl/expertise
Research groups and institutes at Ghent University (per faculty)
- Arts and Philosophy
- Medicine and Health Sciences (departments - in Dutch only)
- Engineering and Architecture
- Economics and Business Administration
- Veterinary Medicine (departments)
- Psychology and Educational Sciences (departments)
- Bioscience Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Political and Social Sciences
Multidisciplinary Research Partnerships
As part of the strategic spearhead research policy plan promoting excellence in research five multidisciplinary research partnerships were established.
- Biotechnology for a sustainable economy
- Nanophotonics and biophotonics
- Inflammation and immunity
- Crime, criminology and criminal policy
- Henri Pirenne Institute for Medieval Studies
- Business model innovation and all inclusive growth
- Clinical psychology - PSYNC
- Ghent Centre for Global Studies
Interuniversity research centres
Ghent University is an active research partner of: