Ombudspersons for doctoral students
Faculty and institutional ombudspersons for doctoral students
Faculty ombudspersons are easily approachable contacts inside your own faculty, who can act as figures of authority in case of conflict or when you are having difficulties which you feel unable to discuss with your dissertation supervisor.
- Arts and Philosophy: Prof Dr Bart Keunen Prof Dr Anne-Laure Van Bruaene
- Law: Prof Dr Reinhard Steennot, substitute: Prof Dr Tom Decorte
- Medicine and Health Sciences: Prof Dr Patrick Calders, substitute: Prof Dr Petra De Sutter
- Engineering and Architecture: Prof Dr Ir Joris Degrieck, subsitute: Prof Dr Ir Guy De Tré
- Economics and Business Administration: Prof Dr
Other ombudspersons and mediators
In some cases the faculty ombudspersons will refer you to other mediatory bodies, e.g. if the solution of the problems you are raising come outside of their scope of authority:
- The Human Resources office
- The (problems regarding the internal services of Ghent University)
- The (vertrouwenspersoon)
- The Commission for Scientific Integrity (Commissie Wetenschappelijke Integriteit)
- In some cases, the situation may require for you to be referred to bodies outside of Ghent University; for instance, when you are having problems or complaints as a PhD fellow of the Research Foundation-Flanders, you will be referred to the Research Foundation-Flanders.
Of course, you can also approach each of these commissions directly.