How to apply?
How to become an Exchange Student at UGent?
- Ask the International Office in your university to help you.
- For students who come with the Erasmus or Erasmus Belgica programme: ask the International Office in your university if your university has a bilateral agreement with Ghent University.
- Attention: some UGent faculties have application deadlines.
- You will have to send us 5 forms:
- Exchange Application Form
- Exchange Learning Agreement (for Erasmus Placements: Training Agreement)
- Transcript of Records of your previous study results
- Language Requirements for Exchange Student
- A short written statement on why you wish to study at Ghent University
1. the Exchange Application Form
- you will need to register online first:
- Go to the ONLINE REGISTRATION
- Create a profile
- Fill out the 5 steps of the online "Exchange Application Form"
- When you finish the online procedure, you will need to print the PDF-version of the "Exchange Application Form for incoming Students"
- Sign the forms, and ask the responsibles in your university to sign it too.
2. the Exchange Learning Agreement
- Academic Year 2012-2013: download the form here: .doc or .docx or .pdf
- Academic Year 2013-2014: download the form for Erasmus Students and for other exchange students.
- exception: Erasmus Placement-students send the 'Training Agreement'
3. the Transcript of Records
- Ask the Transcript of Records (= list of your study results in the past 2-3 years) in your own university.
4. the form Language Requirements for Exchange Students
- You will also have to send the form Language Requirements for Exchange Students.
5. a short written statement on why you wish to study at Ghent University.
- in English or Dutch
- minimum 5 lines, maximum 1 page
Changes to the Learning Agreement
if you need to change your original approved Exchange Learning Agreement, you can use the form Changes to the Original Learning Agreement