Provisional enrolment for Ph.D. (only on the basis of a Flemish diploma)
- Also applicable to joint Ph.D (*).
- Only on the basis of a Flemish diploma
- You need to be able to submit a proof that you can be financed as a member of staff. The following can be accepted:
- Proof that you have been awarded and FWO or IWETO scholarship, or another external scholarship
- Proof that you are being financed by UGent (for example BOF-scholarship), this proof can also be a “recruitment proposal” (i.e. Voorstel tot aanwerving) from the future promoter in which it is clear that the promoter can avail of sufficient financial means for the recruitment.
If you already have a student number: Send the duly completed and signed form Application for provisional enrolment for the doctorate and the doctoral training programme and attach the form: 'Voorstel tot aanwerving of toekenning van een doctoraatsbeurs' (contact: Administration office of Contractual Personnel - department of Personnel and Organisation) to the Central Student Administration. If you are not yet (and have never before been) a student at UGent: you need to come to the Central Student Administration in person, and also bring your basic degree and your ID card (along with the above-mentioned documents).
- When you have enrolled provisionally, you are obliged to submit the approval to do a doctorate at the Faculty within 4 months. This means that within these four months you have to take up a definite first enrolment for a Ph.D.
The provisional enrolment enables you as prospective doctoral student to proof that you are enrolled, which can be required for organising necessary arrangements with regards to your recruitment (on the basis of available Financial means), and whilst awaiting the formal acceptance of your doctorate by the Faculty Board.