The university medical service for students is located at:
Tel.: 09 264 70 20
This service is run by general practitioners who are well-acquainted with student’s medical needs. Also for small surgery and gynaecological consultations students can make use of this service.
Students can indeed also contact a general practitioner elsewhere in town, or go to the university hospital.
Consultations by appointment cost just as much as without, but avoid long waiting times. Appointments can be made preferably during office hours:
- via the reception desk, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 25, Gent
- via 09 264 70 20
In the event of being unavoidly detained to keep your appointment, please inform the doctors via the telephone number mentioned above.
The student doctors are not available via e-mail (neither for appointments, nor for diagnosis or prescriptions).
Daily medical consultations:
- by appointment on working days: 9 am to 5 pm
- without appointment (from Monday until Thursday): from 5 pm to 7 pm; first comes first served basis.
Need urgent medical help at night, in weekends or on holidays?
Central number on call City of Ghent 09 236 50 00
- At night (7 pm to 8 am)
- In weekends (from Friday 7 pm to Monday 8 am)
- Bank holidays (from evening from 7 pm to 8 am day after)
The practice is closed:
- between Christmas and New Year
- during the Gentse Feesten
During these periods, one can contact the student physician only for urgent matters (via 09 264 70 20).
In other holidays:
- A physician can be reached on weekdays as usual via 09 264 70 20. At night or in weekends, call 09 236 50 00.
- There are no evening consultations during Christmas and Easter holidays nor in July and August.