Former graduate students
- Ilse Van Overmeire (1996-1999, PhD) Ilse is working at the scientific Institute of Public Health in Brussels where she’s involved in the analysis of dioxin and dioxin-like compounds.
- Steven De Jonge (1997-2000, PhD) PhD thesis: Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Dihydroceramide and Homoceramide Analogues
- Veerle Vanheusden (1999-2004, PhD) Veerle is working at the Dienst Geneesmiddelenonderzoek of the Algemene Pharmaceutische Bond (APB). PhD thesis (pdf 1.77 Mb): Structure-aided design of inhibitors of Mycobacterium tuberculosis thimydilate kinase. For this work Veerle received the J&J PRD prize for Medicinal Chemistry Ed. 2005.
- Inge Lamote (2000-2001)
- Philippe Van Rompaey (2000-2004, PhD) Philippe is a project manager at Ablynx (Gent), a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery and development of Nanobodies. PhD thesis (pdf 2.38 Mb): Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Modified Adenosine and Thymidine Nucleoside Analogues
- Ulrik Hillaert (2000-2005, PhD) Ulrik is medical advisor at Abbott Healthcare. PhD thesis (pdf 1.49 Mb): Synthesis of Biologically Relevant Sphingolipid Analogues.
- Helga Sibick (2003-2004)
- Timothy Haemers (2002-2006, PhD) Timothy is medical advisor at BAYER (contrast media for MRI and CT). PhD thesis: Synthesis and Evaluation of Fosmidomycin Analogues as Antimalarial Agents.
- Vincent Devreux (2003-2006, PhD) Vincent is a research chemist in Cappele. PhD thesis: Synthese van fosmidomycine-analogen met potentiële anti-malaria-activiteit.
- Ineke Van Daele (2003-2007, PhD) Ineke is working at Alcon (Puurs). PhD thesis: Design of thymidine-based inhibitors of Mycobacterium tuberculosis thymidylate kinase.
- Stijn Goormans (2005-2007)
- Liesbet Cosyn (2003-2008, PhD). PhD thesis: Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Purine and Pyrimidine Ligands for the A3 and P2Y2 Purinergic Receptors
- Matthias Trappeniers (2006-2010, Phd). PhD thesis: Synthesis of sphingosine- and sugar-modified alpha-GalCer analogues: towards new immunomodulatory agents
- Shari Celen (2010-2011)
- Jolien Janssens (2010-2011)
- Sara Van Poecke (2007-2011, PhD). PhD thesis: Synthesis and biological evaluation of pyrimidine nucleosides and nucleoside phosphonates
- Thomas Verbrugghen (2006-2012, PhD). PhD thesis: Synthesis of DXR inhibitors as antimalarials
- Dr. Jeff (Carl Jeffrey) Lacey (November 2004-March 2007)
- Dr. Steven Van Hoof (January 2006-November 2007). Steven recently (2010) joined the Technology Transfer Office of the UGent.
- Dr. Ulrik Hillaert (Oktober 2007-December 2008) Ulrik is now general manager at Aprophar (Drongen, Belgium), a pharmacy wholesale distributor.
- Dr. Radim Nencka (January 2009-February 2010) Since 2010 Radim is head of the Junior Research Team, Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry AS CR, v.v.i., Prague
Former exchange students
- Damien Veauvy (undergraduate, Lyon01, 2004)
- Li Qing (undergraduate, 2004-2005, 9 months)
- Maxime France (undergraduate, Lyon01, 2006, 3 months)
- Yannick Traversino (undergraduate, Lyon01, 2006, 3 months)
- Tijana Tomic (undergraduate, University Belgrade, 2006, 3 months)
- Ajiroghene Thomas (undergraduate, University of Camerino, 2008, 6 months)
- René Chofor (undergraduate, 2008-2009, 9 months)
- Dania Giacobbe (PhD student, University of Camerino, 2011, 4 months)
- Christina Arizmendi (undergraduate, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 6 months)
- Veronica Micozzi (undergraduate, University of Camerino, 2012-2013, 6 months)