Support and Services
- HPC userwikiwith technical information, how-tos, user tips, etc.
- VSC HPC tutorial for new users
If you request an HPC account you are automatically added to these two mailing lists:
- hpc-announce: low bandwidth channel that is used for official announcements. Any outages or expected downtimes will be communicated through this list.
- hpc-users: a forum for the UGent HPC community, intended for discussions and communicating with other colleagues who use HPC resources. Users have the option to unsubscribe from the hpc-users list.
Optionally, UGent personnel without an HPC account who wish to be informed can be added to either or both mailing lists (self service - click links above).
In case of questions or requests, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention your name, HPC account id (vsc40xxx), problem description and error message and output associated with the problem.
Training and lectures
HPC-UGent organizes training sessions and lectures on a regular basis. An overview:
- Introduction to HPC @ UGent
- A quick introductory training to start working on the HPC infrastructure of Ghent University
- One half-day intro-session (before noon), followed by optional hands-on session (afternoon)
- Research groups (>10 people) can request a session at email@example.com
- Planned sessions, open to everyone:
- 26 April 2016
- Multimediaroom, campus de Sterre S9, Krijgslaan 281, 9000 Gent
- Register now
- NEW: Introduction to Linux
- A one-day course that gets you started on Linux and the command line interface, with a particular focus on using the HPC infrastructure of Ghent University
- 13 April 2016
- Location: Multimediazaal, Krijgslaan 281 S9, 9000 Ghent
- Register now
- Specialist Workshops in Scientific Computing edition 2016
Other HPC-related training events are available from these providers:
- Allinea webinar: Getting Started with Allinea Forge (3 February 2016)
- Overview of all VSC training sessions
- VIB BITS regularly organizes courses
- IVPV is organizing a Big Data training
Every year we organize a user meeting. With this event, we aim to bring together users and technical staff to discuss the future plans for the HPC infrastructure. But, most importantly, we want to meet users and hear about their needs, problems and feedback in using the UGent HPC!