Support and Services
There is a wiki available with technical information, a how-to section, user tips, etc.
If you request an HPC account you are automatically added to these two mailing lists:
- hpc-announce: low bandwidth channel that is used for official announcements. Any outages or expected downtimes will be communicated through this list.
- hpc-users: a forum for the UGent HPC community, intended for discussions and communicating with other colleagues who use HPC resources. Users have the option to unsubscribe from the hpc-users list.
Optionally, UGent personnel without an HPC account who wish to be informed can be added to either or both mailing lists (self service - click links above).
In case of questions or requests, you can contact the HPC team through the UGent ICT Helpdesk. The easiest and best way is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention "HPC" in the subject. Other ways to contact the helpdesk:
- tel: 09 264 4747
Please mention your name, HPC account id (vsc40xxx), problem description and error message and output associated with the problem.
Training and lectures
HPC-UGent organizes training sessions and lectures on a regular basis. An overview:
- Introduction to HPC @ UGent
- A quick introductory training to start working on the HPC infrastructure of Ghent University
- One half-day intro-session (before noon), followed by optional hands-on session (afternoon)
- Research groups (>10 people) can request a session at email@example.com
- Planned sessions, open to everyone:
- 10 November 2015
- Multimediaroom, campus de Sterre S9, Krijgslaan 281, 9000 Gent
- Register with the EventManager
Specialized R&D support
Research groups which have special needs can contact us. Our team is specialized in HPC application, parallel programming, parallel debugging and Linux support.
- Performance improvement of existing applications;
- Algorithm development and innovation;
- Parallel application support - multi-core or multi-node;
- Research-driven procurement;
- Code porting, i.e. transfer of HPC codes to our infrastructure;
- One-to-one guidance (best practices, specialization, ...).
Every year we organize a user meeting. With this event, we aim to bring together users and technical staff to discuss the future plans for the HPC infrastructure. But, most importantly, we want to meet users and hear about their needs, problems and feedback in using the UGent HPC!