The Center for Nano- and Biophotonics (NB-Photonics) of Ghent University is a multidisciplinary partnership involving 18 professors from the Faculties of Engineering and Architecture, Bioscience Engineering, Sciences and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The Center focuses on frontier research at the crossroads of photonic integrated circuits and lab-on-chip approaches, nanomaterials development and electro-optical particle manipulation as well as their application to monitor, characterize and image biological systems. Read more...
- PAST SEMINARS: Downloadable presentations for UGent intern
- New high-level publications in biophotonics
- Poster prize at BPG meeting
- NB-Photonics will actively participate in the Dutch Photonics event
- NB-Photonics researchers participate in Raman4clinics COST action
- prof. Philippe Smet ranked 1st in the regional preselection of Famelab
- Information processing on an optical chip inspired by the way our brain works
Movie: "Photonics enabling the nano- and bioscience world"
NB-Photonics in the Media
If you would like to stay informed about the NB-Photonics activities or if you are interested to participate in the monthly multidisciplinary seminars, please send an email to Bart.Geers@UGent.be.
Multidisciplinary Research Partnerships (MRP) at UGent
NB-Photonics is one of Ghent University's Multidisciplinary Research Partnerships, part of the university's strategic spearhead research policy plan. To find more information about this top research strategy, please click here.