The Center for Nano- and Biophotonics (NB-Photonics) of Ghent University is a multidisciplinary partnership involving 18 professors from the Faculties of Engineering and Architecture, Bioscience Engineering, Sciences and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The Center focuses on frontier research at the crossroads of photonic integrated circuits and lab-on-chip approaches, nanomaterials development and electro-optical particle manipulation as well as their application to monitor, characterize and image biological systems. Read more...
- NEXT:10 January 2014, Wouter van der Wijngaart, KTH Stockholm
- 14 February 2014: Aymeric Leray, IRI Lille
- PAST SEMINARS: Downloadable presentations for UGent intern
- OVERVIEW 2013-2014 NB-Photonics Seminars
- 85 years FWO: Kennismakers event on 17 december 2013
- NB-photonics research groups take part in the day of science (Dag van de Wetenschap)
- Thomas Martens (biophotonic imaging group) awarded with 2014 FRO grant by the ophtalmology research fund
- From sun to fuel: successful seminar on energy
- Shaping Science: an event highlighting Multidisciplinary Research Partnerships (MRPs) at Ghent University
Spontaneous applications should be sent to NB-Photonics@UGent.be, with a CV, a motivation letter and a list of publications.
Movie: "Photonics enabling the nano- and bioscience world"
NB-Photonics in the Media
If you would like to stay informed about the NB-Photonics activities or if you are interested to participate in the monthly multidisciplinary seminars, please send an email to Bart.Geers@UGent.be.
Multidisciplinary Research Partnerships (MRP) at UGent
NB-Photonics is one of Ghent University's Multidisciplinary Research Partnerships, part of the university's strategic spearhead research policy plan. To find more information about this top research strategy, please click here.