The Center for Nano- and Biophotonics (NB-Photonics) of Ghent University is a multidisciplinary partnership involving 18 professors from the Faculties of Engineering and Architecture, Bioscience Engineering, Sciences and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The Center focuses on frontier research at the crossroads of photonic integrated circuits and lab-on-chip approaches, nanomaterials development and electro-optical particle manipulation as well as their application to monitor, characterize and image biological systems. Read more...
- 9 May 2014: Danae Delbeke, IOF business developer, UGent
- PAST SEMINARS: Downloadable presentations for UGent intern
- OVERVIEW 2013-2014 NB-Photonics Seminars
NEW-Summer School 2014: A multidisciplinary exposure to Nano- and Biophotonics at Ghent University 16-27 June 2014 more info via this link
- In the media: Information processing on an optical chip inspired by the way our brain works
- NB-photonics PhD student wins poster prize
- Symposium on synthesis and surface chemistry of colloidal nanocrystals
- NB-Photonics publication in Nature Methods
- Jong KVCV invites you for a photonics lecture by prof. Hugo Thienpont (VUB)
No open positions at NB-Photonics
Movie: "Photonics enabling the nano- and bioscience world"
NB-Photonics in the Media
If you would like to stay informed about the NB-Photonics activities or if you are interested to participate in the monthly multidisciplinary seminars, please send an email to Bart.Geers@UGent.be.
Multidisciplinary Research Partnerships (MRP) at UGent
NB-Photonics is one of Ghent University's Multidisciplinary Research Partnerships, part of the university's strategic spearhead research policy plan. To find more information about this top research strategy, please click here.