The Center for Nano- and Biophotonics (NB-Photonics) of Ghent University is a multidisciplinary partnership involving 18 professors from the Faculties of Engineering and Architecture, Bioscience Engineering, Sciences and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The Center focuses on frontier research at the crossroads of photonic integrated circuits and lab-on-chip approaches, nanomaterials development and electro-optical particle manipulation as well as their application to monitor, characterize and image biological systems. Read more...
NB-Photonics Summer School 2015
From August 24 until August 28 we will organize our 3d multidisciplinary Summer School, Read More
- PAST SEMINARS: Downloadable presentations for UGent intern
- School on advanced ultrafast spectroscopy September 16th-September 18th 2015
- Prof. Kevin Braeckmans awarded with ERC consolidator grant
- Looking back at the light festival 2015: light, fun and over 50000 visitors
- Publication in Nature Communications: An octave spanning mid-infrared frequency comb generated in a silicon nanophotonic wire waveguide
NB-photonics twitter feed
2015: the international Year of Light
- Tech-Boost: Light at the nanoscale April 28 - 2015
- The Ghent Light Festival 2015: Light, Fun and over 50000 visitors to our expo
- NB-photonics contributes to the light festival 2015
- Conference: Light Festival Ghent
Movie: "Photonics enabling the nano- and bioscience world"
NB-Photonics in the Media
If you would like to stay informed about the NB-Photonics activities or if you are interested to participate in the monthly multidisciplinary seminars, please send an email to Bart.Geers@UGent.be.
Multidisciplinary Research Partnerships (MRP) at UGent
NB-Photonics is one of Ghent University's Multidisciplinary Research Partnerships, part of the university's strategic spearhead research policy plan. To find more information about this top research strategy, please click here.