The Center for Nano- and Biophotonics (NB-Photonics) of Ghent University is a multidisciplinary partnership involving 18 professors from the Faculties of Engineering and Architecture, Bioscience Engineering, Sciences and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The Center focuses on frontier research at the crossroads of photonic integrated circuits and lab-on-chip approaches, nanomaterials development and electro-optical particle manipulation as well as their application to monitor, characterize and image biological systems. Read more...
- PAST SEMINARS: Downloadable presentations for UGent intern
- International Year of Light 2015: NB-photonics contributes to the light festival 2015
- Belgian society for microscopy thesis award
- Exhibition on the history of crystalography
- Photonics central to 2 Nobel Prizes
- New high-level publications in biophotonics
Movie: "Photonics enabling the nano- and bioscience world"
NB-Photonics in the Media
If you would like to stay informed about the NB-Photonics activities or if you are interested to participate in the monthly multidisciplinary seminars, please send an email to Bart.Geers@UGent.be.
Multidisciplinary Research Partnerships (MRP) at UGent
NB-Photonics is one of Ghent University's Multidisciplinary Research Partnerships, part of the university's strategic spearhead research policy plan. To find more information about this top research strategy, please click here.