Center for Nano- and Biophotonics
The Center for Nano- and Biophotonics (NB-Photonics) of Ghent University is a multidisciplinary partnership involving 18 professors from the Faculties of Engineering and Architecture, Bioscience Engineering, Sciences and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The Center focuses on frontier research at the crossroads of photonic integrated circuits and lab-on-chip approaches, nanomaterials development and electro-optical particle manipulation as well as their application to monitor, characterize and image biological systems. Read more...
NB-Photonics Summer School 2013
NB-Photonics organizes its Summer School 2013 on 'Optical microscopy, spectroscopy and lab-on-chip sensing' from June 17-21. Read more...
Movie: "Photonics enabling the nano- and bioscience world"
- Prof. Dries Van Thourhout awarded "Laureaat van de Academie 2012" (2012)
- Lumilab student Jonas Joos wins Agoria Award 2012
- PhD student Peter De Heyn wins Best Student Paper Award at Asia Communications and Photonics Conference (2012)
NB-Photonics in the Media
- NEXT SEMINAR:
- UPCOMING: NB-Photonics Annual Meeting 20 September 2013
- PAST SEMINARS: Downloadable presentations for UGent intern
- OVERVIEW 2012-2013 NB-PHOTONICS SEMINARS
16 May 2013 Dr. Davide Mazza (San Raffaele Hospital, Milan)
If you would like to stay informed about the NB-Photonics activities or if you are interested to participate in the monthly multidisciplinary seminars, please register here. To unsubscribe from the list, click here.
Spontaneous applications should be sent to NB-Photonics@UGent.be, with a CV, a motivation letter and a list of publications.
Multidisciplinary Research Partnerships (MRP) at UGent
NB-Photonics is one of Ghent University's Multidisciplinary Research Partnerships, part of the university's strategic spearhead research policy plan. To find more information about this top research strategy, please click here.