NB-Photonics Annual Meeting 21 September 2012
On 21 September 2012 NB-Photonics organizes its Annual Meeting 2012. The goal of the meeting is to evaluate the state of the art of the multi-disciplinary research at the Center.
Keynote speaker is prof. Peter Peumans, IMEC. The international members of the NB-Photonics advisory board prof. Daniel Vanmaekelberg and prof. Bernard Vandenbunder will attend to the meeting. Two finalizing PhDs from the NB-Photonics group - Hendrik Deschout and Nebiyu Yebo - will be presented.
The NB-Photonics Annual Meeting targets all involved academic staff, postdocs, PhD and Master students from the participating research groups. Poster sessions of each of the 8 drivers will highlight the latest developments.
8:30 - 9:00 Welcome and registration
9:00 - 9:30 NB-Photonics in the Past Year: Director NB-Photonics professor Roel Baets
9:30 - 9:45 Highlight presentation PhD student Hendrik DeschoutHendrik Deschout
Title: 'Fluorescence microscopy methods for studying the interaction of nanoscopic particles with bio-materials'
9:45 - 10:00 Highlight presentation PhD student Nebiyu YeboNebiyu Yebo
10:00 - 10:30 Break
10:30 - 12:30 State of the art of the research drivers and poster sessions
- 10:30-10:45 Driver 1: Large Area Photonics: general introduction prof. Zeger Hens, Poster introductions by authors
- 10:45-11:00 Driver 2: Ultra-low-power high speed optical sources and switching: general introduction prof. Dries Van Thourhout, Poster introductions by authors
- 11:00-11:15 Driver 6: Electro-optical particle manipulation: general introduction prof. Filip Beunis, Poster introductions by authors
- 11:15-11:30 Driver 7: Active Nano-Photonic Implants: general introduction prof. Peter Dubruel, Poster introductions by authors
11:30 - 12:30 Poster Session
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 14:20 Keynote speaker: prof Peter Peumans (IMEC)prof. Peter Peumans, IMEC
14:20 - 16:15 State of the art of the research drivers and poster sessions
- 14:20-14:35 Driver 3: Biosensors: general introduction prof. Peter Bienstman, Poster introductions by authors
- 14:35-14:50 Driver 4: Integrated photonic systems for mid-infrared biospectroscopy: general introduction prof. Gunther Roelkens, Poster introductions by authors
- 14:50-15:10 Driver 5: (Bio)-Imaging of nanosized matter and biomolecules: general introduction prof. Kevin Braeckmans, Poster introductions by authors
- 15:10-15:25 Driver 8: Raman biospectroscopy enabled by nanophotonics: general introduction prof. Andre Skirtach, Poster introductions by authors
16:00-16:45 Poster Session
16:45-17:00 Round up
17:00-18:00 Reception and Networking
Technologiepark Zwijnaarde, Campus Ardoyen, Auditorium Magnel, Magnel Laboratory for Concrete Research
Technologiepark- Zwijnaarde 904, B-9052 Ghent (Belgium)
Please register before September 19, 2012 (registration link in email invitation).
Participation is free of charge but registration is required. Everybody is welcome.