Education Quality Assurance and Student Registrar Officer (Korea)
Ghent University Global Campus
Ghent University Global Campus is a branch campus of the Ghent University Belgium. Ghent University is the first European university that is part of the Songdo Global University Campus (SGUC) in Incheon (Korea). Since September 2014 Ghent University from Belgium conducts Bachelor of Science programs in Molecular Biotechnology, Environmental Technology, and Food Technology at the Ghent University Global Campus in Incheon, South-Korea.
Ghent University Global Campus currently seeking experienced professional to join its team on the campus in Korea as Education Quality Assurance and Student Registrar Officer. Working closely with administrative and academic teams, selected candidate will have to ensure smooth enrollment process for students as well as to establish quality assurance process within the Ghent University Global Campus. This role is a vital part of the daily operation of the campus and candidate is expected to contribute to the continuous growth of Ghent University Global Campus as a reputed Global University within Korea as well as in Asia.
Please visit the Ghent University Global Campus official homepage for more information: http://www.ghent.ac.kr
This role comprises responsibilities for the educational quality assurance system of the university (50%) and for the student administration (50%). A successful candidate understands the importance of higher education and educational quality assurance. Next to that the successful candidate has a passion for students and maintains close ties between the student administration at the home campus in Belgium and the office in Korea.
The Education Quality Assurance and Student Registrar Officer is of great importance for several reasons. First of all he/she is a first point of contact for admitted and enrolled students. The Registrar Officer will be responsible for the student administration. A good student administration in line with the administration of the home campus is part of the quality assurance of Ghent University Global Campus. Next to that as Education Quality Assurance Officer he/she needs to set up and monitor the quality assurance system of Ghent University at the campus in Korea. Because of that Ghent University Global Campus is looking for a person who is willing to invest time to learn all ins-and-outs about home campus education policies and administration.
This job offers a great opportunity to develop professional experience in the higher education field. Specific tasks concern the set-up of procedures with respect to admissions, enrollment and student administration processes and educational quality assurance, in a leading or supportive role, under the direction of the Campus vice-president of Administrative Affairs and the Campus vice-president of Academic Affairs.
- All enrollment related tasks are being done in close contact with enrollment staff at the home campus.
- Verify and process documents related to admissions and enrollment (transcripts, diploma’s, language certificate etc.).
- Create the enrollment of admitted students in the Ghent University database Oasis. Input personal data, study data, pictures etc. of students to the Oasis and make individual enrollment appointments.
- Manage re-enrollment of students.
- Assistance in enrollment of PhD-students – in close contact with enrollment office at home campus.
- Provide professors with student lists of classes, photo list of students, group lists for exercises, lists for exam scores etc.
- Activate and manage curriculum of students, control enrollment in courses.
- Produce student documents: proof of enrollment, credit certificates, account information.
- Coordinate events related to enrollment, i.e. orientation day. Compile information and create weekly class timetables, exams and make necessary arrangements for room bookings.
- Obtain and input examination results in the database. Manage students’ transcripts of records. Prepare evaluation and deliberation meetings and follow up as required.
- Quality assurance
- Setting up of the GUGC quality assurance policy in accordance with the policy of Ghent University.
- Managing, monitoring and analysis of student evaluations of courses.
- Assistance to the academic staff in improving teaching quality.
- Provide detailed information on policies and academic regulations to students and staff.
- Manage changes in the Education and Evaluation Code.
- Administrative support for the Academic Calendar.
- Administrative support for study program and courses in database: input study program change, input or update course specifications.
- Communication to students – manage Minerva, the online Learning Platform.
- Inform and support students with university account.
- Update information on the website.
- Update scholarship policies, provide information on procedure of scholarships and decide and inform scholarship recipients based on the implementation of the policy.
- A recognized university degree (Any discipline)
- Fluent in English (overseas education is a plus) – Majority of the staff and Professors are non-Korean speakers and therefore mode of communication will be English
- Must have working knowledge of Dutch
- Knowledge of Korean is a plus
- Microsoft Office applications - Strong Excel and word skills are required
- Ability to learn quickly and work with databases (Oasis, E-Consort)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Organizational skills
- A pro-active working attitude
- A strong sense of responsibility
- A great involvement
- The ability to work independently and to function in a team
Conditions of service- Summary
- Number of positions: 1
- This is a permanent full-time position with initial 6 months probation period
- Work hours: 9am – 6pm; weekend work may be required in case of major school events (recuperation days will be provided)
- Accommodation-Dormitory is available and offered at a discount; not covered by the university
- Expected starting date - As soon as possible
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as the position will be filled when there is a right candidate
- Successful candidate will receive holiday benefits and excellent remuneration package
Application process & Interview
- The interview process will follow the steps of; Resume screening -> Phone interview -> English proficiency test -> Final interview
- Send your resume and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Student Affairs Officer-Name” in the subject line
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- For any inquiries, please contact us only via email.