There are various ways of research collaboration with Ghent University: from simple consultancy assignments to complex multi-party projects.
UGent TechTransfer will, together with its research partners, structure the funding mechanisms, assist with attracting subsidies, address the IP ownership, and support the patent prosecution process. When possible, UGent will strive for long term partnerships under a framework agreement.
Some of our larger publicly announced collaboration agreements include partnerships with:
- Arcelormiittal - Steel production
- Electrabel - energy production
- Alcatel Lucent - mobile, fixed, IP and optics technologies, applications and services
- Procter & Gamble - manufacturer of product ranges including personal care, household cleaning, laundry detergents, prescription drugs and disposable nappies
- The Materials Research Cluster centred around UGent's metal and materials reseach groups and OCAS, the steel research center partly owned by ArcelorMittal.
- The Vandemoortele Centre Lipid Science and Technology at Ghent University focuses on the development of healthy lipids that retain their functional characteristics such as flavour and texture.
- The Center of Excellence in Pharmaco(epi)genomics jointly founded by Ghent University and MDxHealth brings together researchers in bioinformatics and in genomic and methylome sequencing.
- Janssen - the pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson