- 15th May for students coming the 1st semester or the entire academic year
- 15th November for students coming the 2nd semester
- No deadlines for research only, but keep in mind that finding a UGent promoter for your research project can take some time. Also, the research places are on a first come first served basis.
- Erasmus Belgica
- Ghent University Institutional Agreements
- Individual contacts between Professors
- Science without Borders (BR)
- Flemish Community Agreements
- Erasmus Mundus Action 2
- EU-USA Atlantis
- EU-ICI ECP (AU JP, NZ, KR)
To become an exchange student at UGent you have to send us 5 forms:
- Exchange Application Form
- Exchange Learning Agreement (for Erasmus Placements: Training Agreement)
- Transcript of Records of your previous study results
- Language Requirements for Exchange Students (min. level English B2)
- A short written statement why you wish to study at Ghent University
, Exchange Students Adviser at the Central International Relations Office will answer all your questions related to these aspects of the preparation of your stay in Ghent. You are also requested to send her your application documents. For information about the academic part of studying at the Faculty of Sciences, please feel free to contact Regine Coolen directly.
Tips for the Learning Agreement
- Check the click on the specific courses to see the Course Specifications, make sure that you choose courses that are taught in the concerned 1st or 2nd semester. Pay attention that in the course specification next to teaching language or language of instruction [English or EN] is mentioned.
- Check also the lecture schedules (in Dutch and English), click further to 'programme type' and 'programme'. You can find the course schedules for the 1st and the 2nd semester in the right corner on top.
International Relations Officer
Faculty of Sciences
1st floor, 3rd phase
K.L Ledeganckstraat 35