Procedures incoming students
Exchange students who plan to study at Ghent University should consult the "Welcome guide for international students" which contains information about the city of Ghent (city map), its university, accommodation, language preparation, etc.
Other practical information can be found at http://www.ugent.be/en/exchange
If you apply in the framework of the Erasmus programme or another programme [Erasmus Belgica, Ghent University Institutional Agreements, Individual contacts between Professors, Science without Borders (BR), EU-Canada, Flemish Community Agreements, Erasmus Mundus Action 2, EU-USA Atlantis, IAESTE, EU-ICI ECP (AU, JP, NZ, KR), Asem-Duo, other...] please use the online application and documents:
You have to send us 5 forms:
- Exchange Application Form
- Exchange Learning Agreement (for Erasmus Placements: Training Agreement)
- Transcript of Records of your previous study results
- Language Requirements for Exchange Student (min. level English B2)
- A short written statement why you wish to study at Ghent University
, Exchange Students Adviser at the International Relations Office will answer all your questions related to these aspects of the preparation of your stay in Ghent. You are also requested to send her your application documents. For information about the academic part of studying at the Faculty of Sciences, please feel free to contact the International Relations Officer of the Faculty of Sciences.
The Course Catalogue can be found. If you click on the specific courses, make sure that you choose courses that are taught in the concerned 1st or 2nd semester. Pay attention that in the course specification next to teaching language or language of instruction [English or EN] is mentioned.
Check also the lecture and exam schedules (online from June onwards), they can be in Dutch but have a more or less similar structure and schedule each year. Most of the terms are similar as in English. If not then you can check them in the Course Catalogue (switch from NL to EN).
- for students 1st semester of the academic year: 15th May
- for students 2nd semester of the academic year: 1st November
- for research only: No deadlines, but keep in mind that finding a promoter here for your research project can take some time also the research places are on a first come first served basis.
Faculty of Sciences
1st floor, 3rd phase
K.L Ledeganckstraat 35