For Exchange Student at the Faculty of Sciences
- 15th May for students coming the 1st semester or the entire academic year
- 15th November for students coming the 2nd semester
- No deadlines for research only, but keep in mind that finding a UGent promoter for your research project can take some time. Also, the research places are on a first come first served basis.
The Exchange Students Adviser at the Central International Relations Office (studentsin@UGent.be) will answer all your questions related to these aspects of the preparation of your stay in Ghent.
For information about the academic part of studying at the Faculty of Sciences, contact Regine Coolen (International.sci@UGent.be).
Tips for the Learning Agreement
- Check the Exchange Programmes
click on the specific courses to see the Course Specifications, make sure that you choose courses that are taught in the concerned 1st or 2nd semester. Pay attention that in the course specification next to teaching language or language of instruction [English or EN] is mentioned
- Exchange programme in Biochemistry and Biotechnology (master's level)
- Exchange Programme in Biology (master's level)
- Exchange Programme in Chemistry (master's level)
- Exchange Programme in Computer Science (master's level)
- Exchange programme in Geography (master''s level)
- Exchange programme in Geology (master's level)
- Exchange programme in Geomatics (master's level)
- Exchange Programme in Mathematics (master's level)
- Exchange Programme in Physics and Astronomy (master's niveau)
- Check also the lecture schedules (in Dutch and English), click further to 'programme type' and 'programme'. You can find the course schedules for the 1st and the 2nd semester in the right corner on top.
- University Language Centre (UCT): Possibility to add a UCT language course Dutch for exchange student I or English. All schedules courses can be followed by exchange students, registration through the UCT website.
International Relations Officer
Faculty of Sciences
Krijgslaan 281, S2 (3rd floor)