Six postdoctoral positions
Six postdoctoral positions in Ghent University’s Faculty of Sciences will be available with effect from 1 October 2012, for a duration of 3 years.
- holds a Ph.D. degree based on a doctoral dissertation, preferentially in (Natural) Sciences (the Ph.D. diploma must have been awarded before the date of appointment to the position i.c. 1st October 2012);
- conducts research activities in one of the research areas that are covered by the faculty of Sciences; this must clearly appear from current research work and from a research plan for the coming years that demonstrates a synergy with at least one of the research groups of the Faculty of Sciences;
- has relevant scientific publications in national and international journals that are widely distributed and that apply a peer review procedure to the submitted manuscripts;
- has actively participated in national and international scientific meetings that are relevant to the field of study;
- should dispose of adequate didactic and communicative skills;
- communications or oral presentations at scientific meetings and sojourns for study purposes in foreign countries serve as an additional recommendation;
- experience with guidance of practical exercises and master theses, serve as an additional recommendation.
Content of the position
The successful candidate is expected to:
- carry out scientific research in one of research areas that are covered by the faculty of Sciences (minimally 90% of the time has to be devoted to scientific research);
- contribute to the academic education activities of the host department;
- contribute to the supervision of master theses and doctoral students;
- elaborate and write applications and reports of research projects;
- supervise and support scientific projects;
- contribute to the services provided by the host department.
The governing language at Ghent University is Dutch. However, research is primarily conducted in English. Persons who do not speak Dutch as a native language are very welcome to apply.
Applications must be sent by registered mail to the Personnel Office, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 25, 9000 Ghent, at the latest on 29 February 2012. Applications should include a CV, proof of suitability (e.g., copies of the applicant’s diplomas), a description of the current research and a research project plan (2 pages).An application form can be downloaded here and must be sent as excel-file to email@example.com.