Faculty and institutional ombuds offices

In case of a dispute with a teacher you can take up most problems and complaints with the ombuds offices of your faculty.

If this is not possible you can call on the institutional ombudsperson for further mediation.

In addition the Institutional Appeals Committee is a third important actor in handling complaints.

Faculty ombuds offices

Institutional ombudsperson

The institutional ombudsperson deals with general complaints for matters concerning education.

The head of Educational Quality Assurance is the institutional ombudsperson. He is assisted by Nathalie Depoorter, staff member of the ombuds office and internal appeals.

Contact the institutional ombudsperson by e-mail if you immediately wish to receive a receipt, or by phone.

Anonymous complaints will not be accepted but complaints are handled confidentially.

Relevant information in the education and examination code

These provisions are in accordance with the Decree concerning the legal status of the student (information in Dutch)