Welcome at Ghent University
Intake at the department of Personnel and Organization
The Welcome Team invites all UGent staff members to their office. They assist you to get started and are your contact at arrival for:
- Signing your contract (if applicable)
- Getting your UGent staff card
- Information about your position at Ghent University
- Information about your registration at Ghent city hall: they guide you through the registration procedure if you are new in Belgium.
- Information about the health insurance and hospitalisation insurance
Introduction at the workplace
At faculty level you are welcomed by the head of the department or your supervisor, who introduces you to your colleagues. A buddy will also be assigned to you for the more informal aspects of your professional stay. This checklist assists you during the first few days at your workplace.
New staff members are invited at set times for a collective welcome. The rector or vice-rector welcomes you and informs you on general aspects of working at Ghent University.
1st floor, room 017
Opening hours (only by appointment): 8.30 - 12.00 & 13.00 - 16.30