Faculty Research Fund (interim fellowship)

The resources of the Faculty Research Fund can be spent annually to interim fellowships.

An interim fellowship financially covers a transition period for researchers of the Faculty who already have obtained or will obtain a PhD before June 1, 2020 and that have a reasonable chance to obtain a junior postdoctoral mandate with external funding in the near future. The interim fellowship will commence at the earliest on November 1, 2019 and will end at the latest on September 31, 2020. The Faculty Research Fund will contribute 75% of the salary costs* while the remaining 25% should be provided by the promoter of the applicant.

Applications must be submitted between July 1, 2019 and August 22, 2019 through the application form . The submitted applications will be reviewed by the Scientific Research Committee of the faculty, which base their advice on the evaluation of the qualifications of the applicant, the project and the scientific/scholarly potential of the promoter’s research group(s) and within the financial possibilities of this Fund.

* A postdoctoral recruitment for the interim fellowship is only possible if the PhD is obtained before the decision-making of the Scientific Research Committee  (September 2019). If not, the interim fellowship will be financed by a predoctoral recruitment.