Changes to a doctorate

A distinction is drawn between major and minor changes.

Major change

Doctoral students who wish to change the intended doctoral title or who wish to choose a different faculty, must re-start the procedure ‘First enrolment for the doctorate and doctoral training programme’. S/he must clearly indicate on the form that it involves a major change and that s/he is already registered as a doctoral student.

Minor change

Doctoral students who wish to change the supervisorship, the language in which the dissertation will be written, the topic/research topic or the doctoral advisory committee, must submit the requested change to the Faculty Board. Please submit the form "Request for amendment of enrolment for the doctorate (minor changes)"’ (.doc or .pdf) to the Faculty Student Administration, where they will take the necessary administrative measures.