Interuniversity test of academic English (ITACE)

For who? / Useful links

There are two versions of the Interuniversity Test of Academic English (ITACE): one for lecturers and one for students.

Below you will find the information for students.

If you are a non-native speaker of English and wish to enroll in a programme taught in English at Ghent University, you have to prove that you know English well enough, both orally and in writing. This can be done in several ways, for example by passing the ITACE.  You can find more information on the language requirements for admission at Ghent university on the university’s website.

Also if there are other reasons for requiring a certificate of your English language skills (e.g. studies abroad, internship, emigration), you can contact the UCT and take the ITACE.

This video will run you through practical guidelines for the test. We recommend watching this video thoroughly, prior to taking the test.

Registration, schedule, fees

Behind this link you can find how to register. You will also find the dates of the testing sessions and the fees.


One week after the test, you can contact the UCT registration office to inquire after your result.


Your certificate will be available within two weeks after taking the test.
Please apply for it via mentioning your postal address. We will then send it to you by (regular) mail (not email).
You cannot print this certificate via Oasis, nor can we send it to you via email.


The ITACE was developed by the language centres of four Flemish universities. Test dates in language centres other than the UCT can be found at the ITACE-website.

Logo's universiteiten