Registration as an exchange student

Registration exchange students 

opening hours: check Registrar's Office

Location: Registrar's Office, Campus Ufo, Ufo-building

Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 33
9000 Ghent

What do I bring along?

  1. The 'Letter of Invitation', issued by the International Relations Office of Ghent University, in print.
  2. Your passport or identity card
  3. Your address in Ghent (if you already have one)

What will I receive?

  • A student card
    You need this card when taking exams or when going to the library or to one of the university restaurants. You can also get reductions in the cinema, museum, historic buildings, ... Please make sure that you always carry it with you.

Arrival Form

To have the arrival form from your university completed, please contact the exchange student adviser.

Before you go home...

  • Before going back to your home university, be sure to pick up your 'transcript of records' at your Faculty Student Administration (FSA). The transcript of records mentions the courses you have followed, the ECTS-credits and the ECTS-grades you have obtained.
  • If you need to prolong your student card, please follow the 'Prolongation Procedure'