Equivalence of your diploma

A diploma obtained abroad can be recognised as equivalent to a Flemish diploma. For more information, check the NARIC-website. Equivalence of a diploma is not free of charge and is meant for job applicants.

Should you wish to study on the basis of a diploma obtained abroad, it is not required to have an official equivalence from the Flemish Ministry. Then you need to follow the procedure as outlined in How to apply?.

To obtain a diploma for certain recognised an protected titles, and therefore enabling you to practise in Belgium, a professional equivalence is required. This procedure can be started up during your studies.

Detailed information can be found in the brochure: 'NARIC-Flanders in 15 questions - What is the value of a foreign certificate in Flanders?'.