Career support initiatives
From PhD to job market
Since 2008 the Ghent University Doctoral Schools have organised an annual doctoral conference targeting the transition of young high potentials with a PhD degree to the job market.
Since 2012 the Ghent University Doctoral Schools have become a partner in the successful Afstudeerbeurs hosted by AUGent. The Doctoral Schools scout for companies interested in hiring PhDs and offer workshops and CV analysis to PhD candidates as well as PhDs.
- - Save the date and join us on 28 March 2017!
- Afstudeerbeurs / Job Market for Young Researchers 2016
- aftermovie! - Check out the
- MenTa: mentoring beyond academe (in 2013 & 2015; next round will start in October 2016)
- Jobs for Docs (only in 2014)
- Denk over je competenties voor een niet-academische carrière
Postdoc Talent Management: what's in it for doctoral students?
The Department of Personnel and Organization offers a wide array of tailor-made career development activities for postdoctoral researchers, incl. (which is also open to doctoral students) and an online career tool for PhD and postdoctoral researchers (Dutch - English)
One of the main aims of the Ghent University Postdoc Community is to create awareness and provide support regarding postdoctoral career paths.