About the faculty

How to reach us


The Faculty of veterinary Medicine has 11 departments and is located in Merelbeke near Ghent, close by exit Merelbeke (16) on the highway E40 Ghent-Brussels

History

The Faculty of veterinary Medicine was founded in 1933 as the "veeartsenijschool", the  second veterinary school in Belgium, the first one where students were taught in their own language: Flemish (Dutch)

oud

 

Historical location of the first veterinary school

Dean's office

deans

The Dean's office is the secretarial department of the faculty, featuring student administration, education quality control and ordnance.

Councils and commissions

The faculty is governed by the faculty council, chaired by the dean. There are other active commissions within certain domains.

Vlaams diergeneeskundig tijdschrift

The 'Vlaams Diergeneeskundig Tijdschrift' is a bimonthly scientific publication in Dutch and English, published by the faculty of Veterinary Medicine, of Ghent University. Editor-in-Chief is Luc Peelman.

Staff information

Eerste interventie eenheid (EIP) Faculteit diergeneeskunde

Psychological welfare unit