Working Student Status

If you are employed for at least 80 hours per month, or at least half-time, or if you are self-employed for at least 80 hours per month; you can apply for the Working Student Status.


Under the Faculty regulations, the Faculties specify which facilities may be awarded to students who have working student status.

The Faculty may choose to do so for each individual study programme or they may make the same arrangements for the Faculty as a whole.

As soon as you received the electronic approval of your working student status, contact your Faculty Student Administration (FSA) and the lecturer(s) in charge.

Application procedure

For each academic year, you can be registered as working student with the Registrar’s Office of the Department of Educational Policy, via

Add supporting documents or certificates confirming that you are

  • Employed for at least 80 hours per month;
  • Or at least half-time (50% of what counts as full-time employment within the sector);
  • Or that you are self-employed and work at least 80 hours per month.

Employee or Self-employed: what certificate?

  • Employee: recent employment certificate of your employer with mention of indefinite - or  fixed term contract, contract expiration date and number of working hours.
  • Self-employed: certificate of recent joining with social insurance.


Submit your request at the start of the academic year (unless exceptional circumstances prevent you from doing so).

You can apply for working student status each academic year.


You receive the working student status for one academic year.

If you are employed for a fixed term, you can apply for that term.